What if My Amazon IPI Rating in 2022 Is Too Low?
That’s an amazing query.
Presently, in case your IPI rating is 400 or extra on the week of Aug. 15 or Sep. 19, you don’t have anything to fret about by way of This autumn storage.
But when not, you’ll in all probability be topic to increased charges and storage limits.
Trying again at IPI enforcement, right here’s how Amazon used to go about it:
- In 2018, anybody with an IPI below 350 over 90 days paid overage charges for extra inventory and had their inbound FBA shipments turned again.
- In Jan. 2020, Amazon modified IPI rating calculation, selecting both 30-day or 90-day figures to set storage limits, whichever was finest.
- In June 2020, Amazon raised IPI thresholds however eliminated amount limits altogether.
- In July 2020, it launched ASIN amount limits of 200 models per ASIN.
- In Apr. 2021, Amazon slashed ASIN limits and launched account-wide restock limits by storage sort (e.g. Commonplace Dimension, Oversize, Attire, Footwear, Promoting sure product categorie… Extra) and market.
On the time of writing, Amazon restock limits and general month-to-month storage limits are nonetheless very a lot the norm.
What’s the distinction?
The primary downside prevents you from sending extra models of listed FBA gadgets.
The second makes you responsible for overage charges of $10/cf for any every day common quantity in extra of your allotted storage restrict.
Amazon’s Machine Studying (ML) instruments estimate gross sales ranges utilizing seasonal patterns, peak promoting occasions, and vendor authority.
It’s based mostly on algorithms like these that space for storing is allotted to every vendor.
As an example, new sellers have a 200cf storage restrict for every product class and 1,000 complete models per storage sort.
To view your storage-type account restrict, merely scroll all the way down to the underside of the Stock Efficiency Dashboard and click on the Restock Limits tab.
You may as well examine your complete Storage Quantity.