This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Utilizing selfmade Greek seasoning is the easiest way so as to add Mediterranean aptitude to your cooking! It mixes up in minutes and is ideal for including scrumptious zesty taste to all your favourite meals.
Do-it-yourself seasonings are so recent and engaging! They add one of the best increase of taste to all the things you cook dinner, minus the preservatives and synthetic flavors! You’ll have to do that fajita seasoning, taco seasoning, and blackened seasoning subsequent!
Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning Recipe
You all most likely know by now that I like my selfmade seasonings. I take advantage of them in nearly all the things I cook dinner! At this time’s addition is a scrumptious one and ideal for these of you that love Meditteranean delicacies! This Greek seasoning mixes up in simply minutes and is the proper mix of spices you most likely have already got in your pantry. It’s savory, zesty, peppery, and can improve any dish you add it to!
I like utilizing this as a rub for meat and fish, nevertheless it works nice for seasoning greens, too! You’re going to be shocked at how only a pinch of these things can actually convey a dish to life. It’s so scrumptious! It’s tremendous simple to customise, too, so you possibly can alter the flavour to your liking. Let’s make some!
What’s Greek Seasoning Made Of?
This Greek seasoning is one of the best mixture of savory and fragrant! Yow will discover the measurements I used for every of those components beneath within the recipe card, however be at liberty so as to add roughly to your liking! Customizing your mix is one of the best a part of this recipe.
- Dried Onion Flakes: Add sharp, savory taste.
- Garlic Powder: Including garlic is a should for a pop of savory taste.
- Dried Oregano: Has one of the best candy, peppery taste. It additionally provides nice texture!
- Dried Basil: Basil is completely vibrant and minty.
- Dried Dill Weed: Dill weed provides this seasoning the proper zesty taste.
- Dried Marjoram: Marjoram has delicate taste and is sweet and fragrant.
- Dried Thyme: Thyme is earthy and minty, excellent for Greek dishes!
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper: Enhances the general taste of the seasoning.
- Floor Cinnamon and Nutmeg: (Non-obligatory) You possibly can add these in in order for you your seasoning to have a touch of heat spice.
Can I Use Contemporary Herbs?
This is without doubt one of the few occasions that I don’t suggest utilizing recent herbs as a result of your mix gained’t final as lengthy. Dried herbs have a for much longer shelf life than utilizing recent herbs. Due to their excessive moisture content material, recent herbs might develop mould early on.
The best way to Make Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning
It solely takes minutes to combine up this scrumptious seasoning! Upon getting it available, you’re going to wish to put it on all the things!
- Combine: In a small bowl, whisk collectively all the spice components till nicely blended.
- Retailer: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months. Get pleasure from this seasoning as a dry rub on rooster, fish, greens, or in dips.
Extra Methods to Get pleasure from Your Seasoning
Now that you’ve this versatile mix of herbs and spices available, listed below are a number of easy methods to put it to use!
- Use as a Marinade: Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a pair of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of rooster for half-hour earlier than grilling.
- For Salad Dressing: The herbs in Greek seasoning are excellent for including taste to your favourite salads. Merely combine a tablespoon of the seasonings in with vinegar or oil!
Storing Your Seasoning
So long as you retailer your seasoning in a cool, dry place, it’s going to keep recent for as much as 6 months. I at all times wish to hold mine in an hermetic container or jar. Add it to all your favourite meals for a pop of scrumptious taste!
In a small bowl, whisk collectively all the spice components till nicely blended.
Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months.
Get pleasure from this seasoning as a dry rub on rooster, fish, greens, or in dips.
Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a pair of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of rooster for half-hour earlier than grilling.
Serving1tablespoonEnergy16kcal (1%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein1g (2%)Fats0.2gSaturated Fats0.1g (1%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.03gMonounsaturated Fats0.02gSodium933mg (39%)Potassium79mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A56IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium43mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.