This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Tender Greek-flavored rooster is grilled collectively on a skewer with recent crisp greens. The Mediterranean marinade completely seasons these Greek rooster kabobs and transports your tastebuds to the streets of Greece.
It’s all in regards to the marinade! Greek rooster kabobs get the extreme taste from the scrumptious marinade. I’m a giant believer in marinating my meat earlier than it goes on the grill. Attempt these tried and true fan favourite marinades for steak, rooster, and Asian-inspired meat.
Greek Hen Kabob Recipe
I like making kabobs for the grill as a result of not solely are they so scrumptious, however they’re really easy to make. Plus, everybody can put what they need on them, in order that they work even for the pickiest of eaters! The marinade for these Greek rooster kabobs completely tenderizes and seasons the rooster for optimum taste! Greek rooster kabobs actually come collectively once you add within the veggies and grill them to perfection!
I like a very good kabob as a result of it makes meal time really easy. Having all of the dinner components on one skewer additionally makes the consuming half enjoyable! My youngsters get so excited once I make these steak kabobs, however my husband actually loves my shrimp kabobs. Don’t fear, although! In case you are a vegetarian, then my veggie kabobs are excellent for you! Actually, I like cooking up grilled greens for nearly any facet dish.
Elements Wanted For Greek Hen Kabobs
Greek rooster kabobs are the most effective as a result of all the components are grilled on the skewer collectively. So what you see is what you get! The precise measurements for the components will be discovered on the recipe card on the backside of the put up.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil provides moisture to the rooster and is a superb base for the marinade.
- Crimson Wine Vinegar: This provides a tangy taste.
- Dried Oregano: This traditional seasoning is important in Greek-inspired meals.
- Garlic: Contemporary minced garlic is at all times a should, however you need to use minced garlic from a jar if that’s what you will have readily available!
- Salt: Salt helps carry out the flavors and seasons of the rooster.
- Black Pepper: Pepper is a superb marinade seasoning.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice provides brightness to all of the flavors.
- Boneless Skinless Hen Breasts: Reduce the rooster into bite-sized items so the rooster cooks evenly.
- Crimson Pepper: Crimson bell pepper is nice for grilling!
- Zucchini: I like zucchini in these kabobs! It’s tender, scrumptious, and provides in some fairly shade.
- Crimson Onion: The onion enhances all the flavors so nicely.
- Skewers: I like to make use of steel skewers, however be happy to make use of wood skewers. Soak wood skewers for 20 minutes to keep away from burning.
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe: My tzatziki sauce is ideal with these Greek rooster kabobs! Retailer-bought works nice too.
- Pita Bread: Sliced pita bread on the facet is elective, however my youngsters like it!
Let’s Make some Kabobs!
Prepping the components forward of time for these Greek rooster kabobs makes meeting a breeze. I wish to marinate the rooster very first thing within the morning, after which I shortly chop the veggies proper earlier than threading the skewers. It makes for a fast and straightforward weeknight meal!
- Make the marinade: In a medium-sized bowl, add the olive oil, purple wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and juice from one lemon.
- Marinate the rooster: Add the rooster cubes to the bowl after which let it marinate for at the very least half-hour.
- Preheat: Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Skewer the Hen and Veggies: Thread the rooster, zucchini, peppers, and onions onto the skewers.
- Grill Kabobs: Grill on all sides for 3-4 minutes or till it’s not pink.
- Serve: Serve with pitas on the facet and tzatziki sauce for dipping.
What to Serve With Greek Hen Kabobs
I like the mix of protein and greens on this meal! Nevertheless, in case you are trying to serve these kabobs with different scrumptious sides, listed here are just a few concepts.
- Grains: Orzo pasta or lemon rice are my favourite grains with Greek rooster kabobs.
- Fruit: Spherical out this entire meal by including a facet of fruit as a result of…YUM!
- Salad: Preserve with the theme and serve a greek salad together with your kabobs! Once I wish to preserve the meal gluten-free, I simply take away the rooster items and veggies from the skewers and place them proper on the salad.
- Hummus: Serve hummus on the facet similar to the Greeks do as a result of it’s a scrumptious dip stuffed with texture and taste.
My favourite solution to retailer leftovers is by eradicating the grilled rooster and veggies from the skewers and putting them within the fridge. It makes rewarming the kabobs simple and lunches the subsequent day much more handy!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer cooked kabobs within the fridge in an air-tight container for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat: Take away the rooster and veggies from the skewers and place them within the microwave for about 2 minutes on excessive or till warmed via.
In a medium-sized bowl add the olive oil, purple wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and juice from one lemon.
Add the rooster cubes to the bowl and let marinate for at the very least half-hour.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
Thread the rooster, zucchini, peppers, and onions onto the skewers.
Grill on all sides for 3-4 minutes or till it’s not pink.
Serve with pitas on the facet and tzatziki sauce for dipping.
Serving1kabobEnergy191kcal (10%)Carbohydrates6g (2%)Protein17g (34%)Fats11g (17%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats7gTrans Fats0.01gLdl cholesterol48mg (16%)Sodium287mg (12%)Potassium465mg (13%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A728IU (15%)Vitamin C43mg (52%)Calcium34mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.